The Otto Bock HealthCare Mission: Through our global organization, to provide high quality, innovative, technologically superior products, services and education to enhance the physical comfort, confidence, independence and mobility of human beings.
- Established in 1958, Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Otto Bock HealthCare of the Americas is the North American headquarters of Otto Bock HealthCare, headquartered in Duderstadt, Germany.
- In 1919, the company’s founder, Otto Bock, pioneered the use of mass production principles in the fields of prosthetics and orthotics. High-quality components revolutionized the industry and set a standard that is still being imitated today.
- Otto Bock applies advanced technology and materials to a wide variety of products, including: prosthetics, orthotics, pediatric mobility, custom seating, cushioning and positioning products.
- We purchased OrthoRehab and its nationwide network of patient care solutions in 2005. Now a fully integrated business area, Orthopedic Services broadens hospital and homecare service for patients, payors and providers.
- Our flagship products include
The C-Leg® microprocessor-controlled knee/shin system,
The revolutionary Harmony® prosthetic suspension system,
A full line of myoelectric upper limb prosthetic devices including fitting/training software,
Custom Otto Bock Wheelchair Cushions that use CAD/CAM technology to produce an exact fit,
A full line of pediatric mobility solutions, including the Kimba Spring,
The Sensor Walk knee-ankle-foot orthosis, developed in cooperation with the Mayo Clinic, which automatically unlocks during the swing phase of gait.
The LiteLift Pro Continuous Passive Motion Device, which helps patients heal after knee and hips surgeries.
- The Professional and Clinical Service’s group, nearly two dozen strong and the largest in the industry, includes clinically certified professionals who provide in-depth product and clinical training and answer technical and product use questions.
- Otto Bock’s commitment to Customer Satisfaction is backed by investments in our staff, including a Customer Satisfaction Manager, Sharon Baldauf, who reports directly to our President and CEO.
- There are more than 700 North American employees, and more than 4,000 employees worldwide, with 38 branches operating in 140 countries globally.
- Otto Bock US had over 100 million in sales in 2004, with frequent double-digit annual growth in the ensuing years.
- Otto Bock is a privately held company and is led by Otto Bock’s grandson, Professor Hans Georg Näder.
- For more information about Otto Bock HealthCare's history, visit the 'History' page.
For additional information, contact:
“Our goal is to be of service, quickly and effectively, with the most practical and modern products and services in the entire field of technical orthopedics.”
Otto Bock, 1919