- Produces a three-dimensional hip movement to compensate for pelvic rotation and promotes a symmetrical and natural gait pattern.
- Allows for leg length reduction during the swing phase. This helps reduce the risk of falling and increases security.
- Improves sitting posture and reduces pelvic obliquity to a minimum.
- The 7E10’s large flexion angle makes it easier to accomplish activities of daily living, such as putting on shoes or getting into a car
up to 220 lbs/100 kg weight.
Helix3D Sets a New Fitting Standard
The Helix3D Hip Joint System is suitable for hip disarticulation and hemipelvectomy patients. It offers patients maximum security and function for a wide range of everyday activities. Recommended according to the Otto Bock MOBIS Mobility System for patients with Mobility Grades 2 and 3* (restricted outdoor walkers, unrestricted outdoor walkers). Maximum weight: 220 lbs/100 kg.
- It is noticeably easier to initiate swing phase with the hip joint’s integrated expansion springs. Energy stored during the stance phase is used during the swing phase initiation to compensate for the missing hip muscles and to reduce the amount of energy needed for walking.
- Controls the three-dimensional movement of the hip joint during walking that closely resembles the normal hip movement in the sound leg.
- Allows for a dampened, controlled heel strike in the stance phase with significantly reduced hyperlordosis as well as a natural hip joint extension. Therefore, the user can accomplish a more controlled, smooth roll-over on the prosthesis under full load.
Allows for an individual stride length setting, which controls the pendulum motion in the swing phase.
Helix3D – Systematic Fitting
When choosing components for a complete prosthesis, the practitioner must choose a knee joint that provides 1) absolute stability and reliability at heel strike, 2) stance extension damping, and 3) swing flexion damping.
Otto Bock requires that the Helix3D Hip Joint may only be combined with the C-Leg® or Genium® and the prosthetic feet specified for use with the those knees and other components specified in the Instructions for Use. The Helix3D Hip’s functions are specifically adapted to the characteristics of selected Otto Bock components. This gives the user the greatest amount of security and the advantages of each component.
*The Otto Bock MOBIS Mobility System is NOT intended to be used in the U.S. as a guide to obtaining reimbursement for prosthetic components.
>>>Watch Helix Hip Gait Training Videos
>>>COOPERATIVE CARE: Your Partner for Difficult Fittings
Find out more about Otto Bock’s service for hands-on assistance with challenging fittings.
>>> Clinical Research: Biomechanical differences between two exoprosthetic hip joint systems during level walking (download and save your copy)
>>>Clinical Research: Functional Outcome Measurements of a Veteran With a Hip Disarticulation Using a Helix 3D Hip Joint: A Case Report
>>>Helix Qualification Course Information click here.